22 Feb 2014
- The version of mpmath included in SymPy has been updated to 0.18.
- New routines for efficiently compute the dispersion of a polynomial or a pair thereof.
- Fancy indexing of matrices is now provided, e.g.
A[:, [1, 2, 5]]selects all rows and only 3 columns.
- Enumeration of multiset partitions is now based on an implementation of
Algorithm 18.104.22.168M from Knuth’s The Art of Computer Programming. The new
version is much faster, and includes fast methods for enumerating only those
partitions with a restricted range of sizes, and counting multiset
partitions. (See the new file
distancemethods were added to Line and Ray to compute the shortest distance to them from a point.
normal_linesmethod was added to Ellipse to compute the lines from a point that strike the Ellipse at a normal angle.
det_quickwere added as functions in solvers.py to facilitate fast solution of small symbolic matrices; their use in solve has reduced greatly the time needed to solve such systems.
solve_univariate_inequalityhas been added to sympy.solvers.inequalities.py.
as_setattribute for Relationals and Booleans has been added.
- Several classes and functions strictly associated with vector calculus were moved from
sympy.physics.mechanicsto a new package
sympy.physics.vector. (See sympy/sympy#2732, sympy/sympy#2862 and sympy/sympy#2894).
- New implementation of the Airy functions
Biand their derivatives
airybiprime, respectively). Most of the usual features of SymPy special function are present. Notable exceptions are Gruntz limit computation helpers and meijerg special functions integration code.
- Euler-Lagrange equations (function
euler_equations) in a new package
submatrixmethod of matrices was removed; access the functionality by providing slices or list of rows/columns to matrix directly, e.g.
A[:, [1, 2]].
Matrix([])now both return a 0x0 matrix
terms_gcdno longer removes a -1.0 from expressions
extract_multiplicativelywill not remove a negative Number from a positive one, so
(4*x*y).extract_multiplicatively(-2*x)will return None.
- the shape of the result from
M.cross(B)now has the same shape as matrix M.
- The factorial of negative numbers is now
0. This is consistent with the definition
factorial(n) = gamma(n + 1).
zoo.is_number is True(sympy/sympy#2823).
oo < Iraises
TypeError, just as for finite numbers (sympy/sympy#2734).
1**oo == naninstead of
1, better documentation for
- Some improvements to the gamma function.
generate_bellnow generates correct permutations for any number of elements.
- It is no longer necessary to provide
nargsto objects subclassed from Function unless an
evalclass method is not defined. (If
evalis defined, the number of arguments will be inferred from its signature.)
Pointcreation will be faster since simplification is done only on Floats
- Some improvements to the intersection method of the Ellipse.
- solutions from solve of equations involving multiple log terms are more robust
idiffcan now return higher order derivatives
- Printing improvements for
sympy.physics.vectorobjects and mechanics printing. (See sympy/sympy#2687, sympy/sympy#2728, sympy/sympy#2772, sympy/sympy#2862 and sympy/sympy#2894).
- Functions with LaTeX symbols now print correct LaTeX. (sympy/sympy#2772).
init_printinghas several new options, including a flag
print_builtinto prevent SymPy printing of basic Python types (sympy/sympy#2683), and flags to let you supply custom printers (sympy/sympy#2894).
- improvements in evaluation of
imagesetfor Intervals (sympy/sympy#2723).
- Set properties to determine boundary and interior (sympy/sympy#2744).
- input to a function created by lambdify no longer needs to be flattened.